Professor of Medical Psychology, University of Magdeburg, (Germany)
Editor-in-Chief RESTORATIVE NEUROLOGY AND NEUROSCIENCE (IF: 4.1)
Areas of interest
Vision restoration technologies for visual field defects after glaucoma, optic neuropathy and hemianopia using vision restoration training (VRT) or non-invasive brain current stimulation; eye movements in vision disease; brain plasticity and functional brain network reorganization; neuropsychology and nanotechnology; clinical and pre-clinical research. Biography:
- PhD in psychobiology, Clark University, Worcester, USA, 1984
- Post-doc, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.), USA 1984-1986
- Research scientist at the University of Munich (Germany) 1987-1992
- Visiting neuroscientist, Mass. General Hospital, Harvard Medical School 1991
- Research Fellow, Dept Psychology, Princeton University, 1998-1999
- Currently Visiting Professor at China´s leading Eye Clinic ”Beijing Tongren Hospital”
- Cinquegrani–Award, for best innovation in information and communication technologies, awarded by Innovation Relay Center Pisa of the European Union (Florenz 2000)
- Leonardo DaVinci Award, World Organis. Achiev. Human Potential, Philadelphia (USA), 2005
- High-tech start-up award, German National Minister of Economics (2011)
- Hai-ju” Award, Beijing Overseas Talents Program, Beijing 2012.
Publication and activities:
Published over 200 peer-reviewed papers, 36 book chapters, 8 edited books, 20 patents; organized 25 conferences. Publications in: Science, Nature, Nature medicine, Neurology, Brain, JAMA Ophthalmology, British J Ophthal, IOVS, etc.